One In Situ Probe, Multiple Continuous Real-time Measurements of the Bioprocess
The RAMANRXN SYSTEMS™ suite of analyzers has set the standard for analyzing, monitoring, and controlling bioprocesses since its introduction in 2009. Raman spectroscopy provides the chemical specificity of a mid-IR analyzer with the ease of sampling of a near-IR analyzer.
The RAMANRXN2™ analyzer is ideally suited for applications in Development scale (10ml – 20L), Pilot scale (50L-500L), and Manufacturing scale (500L – 15,000L+) bioreactors. The ability to scale with the bioprocess enables these analyzers to monitor, measure, and optimize the bioprocess throughout its life cycle. The multi-channel RAMANRXN2™ enables the use of a single-analyzer in support of up to 4 probes, simultaneously utilized in as many bioprocesses. The RAMANRXN2™ 4-channel Raman analyzer operates sequentially allowing both fast analysis per channel and programmable channel integration.
Improve Process Performance
- Enables Real-time Continuous Measurement and Control of the Bioprocess
- Eliminate Costly Consumables and Labor Intensive Sampling Practices
- Mitigates Concerns about Excessive Downtime and Instrument to Instrument Variability
- Successfully Utilized in Bioprocessing Applications by End-users Since 2009
- Ensures Continuity Throughout the Product Life Cycle
Single-use Raman Probes (SUB Compatible)
Kaiser's new single-use Raman probes enable our proven PAT bioprocessing solutions for single-use bioreactors (SUB). SUB platforms are commonly used for biopharmaceutical production due to the benefits of flexibility, sterility, and reduced cleaning burden.
Kaiser's SUB-Optic System consists of a disposable SUB fitting that is compatible with most SUB platforms and was developed and tested according to industry standards for single-use sensors.
Data generated from Kaiser Raman SUB-Optic Systems are identical to data from our reusable probes (bIO-LAB, bIO-PRO), allowing easy transfer of multi-attribute Raman methods across various bioreactor types and scales from PD to cGMP.
bIO-LAB/PRO for Bioprocess Applications
The bIO-LAB Probe reflects the coupling of the flexible RAMANRXN™ Probe head with either the bIO-Optic-120 or bIO-Optic-220, or bIO-Optic-320, or bIO-Optic-420 to enable in situ measurement of the bioprocess, and suitability for autoclaving and/or gamma sterilization. The design of these probes, complete with their industry standard 120mm, 220mm, 320mm, or 420mm lengths and 12mm OD, make them ideally suited for both glass and plastic benchtop bioreactor/fermentor applications requiring headplate entry. Additionally, their Pg 13.5 threading enables their use with industry leading benchtop bioreactor manufacturers.
The fixed focus design of the bIO-Optic provides long-term measurement stability along with superior signal performance which is essential for transferable, high performance Raman-based bioprocess analysis.
BioPAT® Spectro A Quality by Design Tool That Unlocks the Full Potential of Raman Spectroscopy
Automated Glucose Control in Ambr® Bioreactors Using Raman Spectroscopy
Glucose Control Results
- Glucose was maintained in culture in the range of 1-8 g/L (glucose readings >5 g/L were due to glucose in feeds) (Fig. 6)
- Integrated Raman and Nova FLEX2 glucose assays were in very close agreement throughout (Fig. 6).
- Cell culture profiles (Fig. 7) were very similar for glucose control based on Raman or Nova FLEX2 assays
- BioPAT® Spectro in Ambr® enables fully automated glucose control capabilities similar to other analytical techniques (Fig. 7)
- Further work will include confirmation of the Ambr glucose model performance in Sartorius’ Biostat STR bioreactors(50-2000 L scale)